When your teacher sets up a meeting via Teams, here are some ways that you can prepare. Your preparation should ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible!
- If applicable, complete the work your teacher has assigned up to this point.
- Come with specific questions about the work (use the Corson Technique).
- Make sure your device is charged and/or plugged in.
- Plug in headphones that have a microphone if you have them.
- Move to a quiet space with a good internet connection.
- Consider what is seen in the background.
- Blur background, if necessary.
- Safely elevating your computer/webcam to eye level can produce a better video angle.
- Face windows and/or lighting. Windows or lighting behind you will darken your image.
Joining the Meeting
- Start joining the meeting about 5 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Use this time to test your audio and video set up.
- Join with your microphone muted and your camera off.
Behavior During the Meeting
- Keep in mind that you are engaged in learning and you should be focused on the meeting.
- Be sure to follow your teacher’s direction for asking questions during the meeting.
- Only unmute your mic when the teacher gives permission.
- Do not share your screen unless invited to do so.
- Your typed messages, displayed images, and verbal comments should always be respectful, school appropriate, and supportive of learning.
- Do not screenshot or record (within Teams or on a personal device) any element of the meeting.